Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, hypertonic solution of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) in water for injection for administration by the intravenous route as an electrolyte replenisher and systemic alkalizer. Solution is offered in concentrations of 8.4%. The solutions contain no bacteriostat, antimicrobial agent or added buffer and are intended only for use as a single-dose injection. Intravenous sodium bicarbonate therapy increases plasma bicarbonate, buffers excess hydrogen ion concentration, raises blood pH and reverses the clinical manifestations of acidosis.
|Product||Active Ingredient(s)||Strength||Features||Dosage Form|
|AUXISODA INJECTION||Sodium Bicarbonate||8.4% w/v
• Maintains acid-base homeostasis
• Corrects metabolic acidosis
• Improves nutritional status among CKD patients
• Reduces renal ammonia synthesis
• Slows the progression rate of renal failure to ESRD