Geroz-O is a brand of multivitamin with mineral (Iron). Iron is critical for normal hemoglobin synthesis to maintain oxygen transport, energy production and proper function of cells. Adequate amounts of iron are necessary for effective erythropoiesis. Supplemental iron should be administered to prevent iron deficiency and to maintain adequate iron stores so that CKD patients can achieve and maintain an Hgb 11 to 12 g/dL (Hct 33% to 36%) in conjunction with Erythropoietin therapy. Folic acid is required for nucleoprotein synthesis and the maintenance of normal erythropoiesis. Geroz-O provides necessary vitamins for patients on dialysis.
|Product||Active Ingredient(s)||Features||Pack Details|
|GEROZ-O||• Vitamin C 50 mg
• Vitamin B3 25 mg
• Vitamin B6 10 mg
• Folic acid 10 mg
• Pantothenic Acid 6 mg
• Vitamin B2 3 mg
• Vitamin B1 2 mg
• Methylcobalamin 500 mcg
• Biotin 300 mcg
• Ferrous Ascorbate 100 mg
• IRON plays a vital role in the formation of healthy red blood cells, energy utilization and muscle function.
• IRON uptake by the cells was highest with Ferrous Ascorbate in comparison with Ferrous sulphate, Ferric EDTA and Ferrous Bis-glycinate.
• B-VITAMINs provides folic acid and vitamin B-12, which are required for proper red blood cell formation and reduces homocysteine in chronic renal failure.
• Methylcobalamin reduces plasma homocystenemia in chronic HD patients.
• Oral folic acid(10mg/day) supplementation appears to be an effective approach to normalize plasma tHcy in chronic HD patients.
• Iron-enhancing ingredients includes nutrients like vitamin C which is important for iron absorption.