Imivin is a sterile formulation of imipenem (athienamycin antibiotic) and cilastatin sodium
(the inhibitor of the renal dipeptidase, dehydropeptidase l), with sodium bicarbonate added as a buffer.
Imivin is a potent broad spectrum antibacterial agent for intravenous administration. IMIVIN is buffered to provide solutions in the pH range of 6.5 to 8.5. There is no significant change in pH when solutions are prepared and used as directed. Solutions of IMIVIN range from colorless to yellow Variations of color within this range do not affect the potency of the product.
|Product||Active Ingredient(s)||Strength||Features||Dosage Form|
• Cilastatin Sodium
• Potent broad spectrum antibacterial agent
• Stable in presence of beta-lactamase
• No accumulation in plasma
• Used for mixed infection
• High affinity binding to PBPs
• Can be used as presumptive therapy